The strike by Heathrow airport workers is ramping up with three more days of action next week, on December 14, 17 and 18.
Ahead of it we thought it would be nice to collate some of the messages of support and solidarity that have been flooding in from all over the world for you to enjoy. Now this is worker solidarity and what being part of a union is all about.
We want to thank everyone for taking the time to share and the ETF and ITF for getting the message out. You too can support the strike by tuning in to our Heathrow strike car rally this Monday (December 14). We’re streaming it live on Facebook. Sign up here and keep sharing your messages of support, @unitetheunion @UniteLondonEast #HeathrowStrike #StoptheWageCuts
1. Katrice Johnson, Ronald Reagan airport worker shared this video message. Thanks Katrice!
Katrice Johnson, a @Reagan_Airport worker and @32BJSEIU member, along with airport workers across the United States, stand in solidarity with @HeathrowAirport @unitetheunion workers on strike today! #HeathrowStrike #PovertyDoesntFly pic.twitter.com/r4m3tAU8t9
— 🧼✊AirportWorkersUnited 🧼✊ (@GoodAirports) December 1, 2020
2. Nepal solidarity! Thank you Nepal Civil Aviation Employees Union
3. Message all the way from Indonesia! SEKARGA union ‘Stay strong and enthusiastic.’
4. This from Uganda! It’s fantastic! Thank you ATGWU.
5. Manuel Peña, Logan Airport worker, Boston USA. Thank you!
6. Check out this letter from the Japan Federation of Aviation workers’ union. Japan!!
7. This from the Canadian trade union Unifor!
8. Greetings from Canada’s largest airport, Toronto Pearson
9. You’ve got to read this amazing solidarity message from the Maritime Union of India.
10. Video message from the Maritime Union of India too!
11. And this from Belgium (BTB union)
12. Merci beaucoup FEETS-FO, France
13. Thank you Chahira Mostefai, president of the Algiers Airports’ union.
14. Powerful message from the All India Railwaymen’s Federation
15. Thanks for your support, Bangladesh Seamens Association.
16. Solidarity greetings from the shop stewards’ committee of Copenhagen airport.
17. Last but not least, thank you to the European Transport Workers’ Federation (ETF).
By Chantal Chegrinec